I’m mainly writing this to procrastinate packing but I do feel guilty for not posting more regularly, so, here we are!
I think I’m really coming to terms with the fact that this all is my new normal which is a really cool feeling. That’s part of the reason I haven’t posted in a while. Nothing too exciting has been going on, just normal everyday life. Granted normal everyday life does sometimes include climbing to the top of the Arc de Triomphe on a Tuesday morning (pictured above) just because, so there’s no complaints here.
A few highlights of my past two weeks have included:
- A weekend alone with the kids while the parents were out of town. We made pancakes in our pajamas on Saturday morning which was really sweet and fun!
- Discovering Paris had not one, but two, Chipotle locations. It tastes just like it does in America and guac is still extra.
- The youngest, V, has lost 3 teeth which, in turn, has created a very cute smile.
- A Saturday morning jog through Parc Monceau which felt really good.
- A letter from my friend, Eva Claire, that was encouraging and sweet and funny and included dog stickers.
- And the Fête des Vendanges (or Party of the Harvests) wine festival in Montmartre. This year was the 83rd year celebrating the harvest of the only vineyard left in Paris’ city limits. We all quickly realized an all day wine festival is a marathon not a sprint but we had the best time.
The french school system runs on a 6 weeks on/2 weeks off schedule meaning I have the next two weeks off for vacation! Tomorrow morning I’m headed off to Nice for a few days by myself. Then, I will be heading back to Paris for a little bit. I have a couple of visitors coming in town and could not be more excited for everyone to get here! After that, I’m off to Krakow, Poland for another solo vacay. I’m really looking forward to some time off to relax, catch up with friends, and explore places I’ve never been before. Each of these mini-vacations will be getting their own blog posts so keep checking in for those updates in the coming weeks!